So It’s been a while since I blogged. Life happens. But when one of my favourite bloggers, Gill from Realweegiemidget Reviews approached me about co-hosting a Blogathon dedicated to the six official Bond actors’ non-Bond films, I knew that it was time to get back on the blogging wagon! I have been a massive Bond fan since I was four years old. My first film in the cinema was Goldeneye, which my mother took me to see. And from that day on, a lifelong love bloomed into me owning every single film on Blu-ray, buying Bond related art and merchandise, and becoming part of the amazing Bond community on Twitter. So this blogathon is something that I am not only incredibly excited about, but which holds a special place in my heart. I have also watched a number of the Bond actors’ non-Bond films, which I find to be both enjoyable and fascinating. So I am very interested to see what gems I find through hosting this Blogathon.
Now for the rules:
- The Bond actors each have had quite a long career and so their filmographies are solid, as are their TV performances. Because of this, we will be allowing only two duplicates per entry, and three posts per participant. Please only submit new work, as we won’t be accepting any posts written previously.
- You can write about anything you like pertaining to the Bond actors’ film career, television appearances they’ve made, and their friendships and relationships with fellow film stars. But you cannot write about any of the Bond films. This is a blogathon about the Bond actors’ non Bond work. We are only accepting posts on the official six Bond actors. So that does not include David Niven or any other parodies etc.
- This blogathon is dedicated to the Bond actors’ life and work and we want to celebrate them, so let’s please keep things nice and not write anything derogatory or defamatory about them.
- The Blogathon is being held from the 16th of December to 18th of December, 2021. Please submit your entries either before or by those dates. If you find that you need a little extension, please let either me or Gil know.
- Please take one of the banners and put it somewhere on your site to promote the blogathon. We’d also very much appreciate it if you included one of the banners in your post for the blogathon.
- And most importantly, please let us know what you would like to write about for the blogathon, by either commenting on this post or Gill’s post, leaving a reply on my contact page, or contacting me on twitter @noir_or_never or Gill @realweegiemidge. Please include the name of your blog and a link to it, as we don’t really want to act as amateur sleuths and hunt for you! Please tag me and Gill on twitter when you share your entry on there, so we can retweet it 🙂
Please check the participation list below to see what everyone else is covering and which subjects have been claimed twice.
Topics claimed twice: Hot Fuzz (2007), The Russia House (1990), The Presidio (1988), Flash Gordon (1980)
Realweegiemidget Reviews: Beautician and the Beast (1997) with Timothy Dalton and Never Too Young To Die (1986) with George Lazenby
Palewriter: Jane Eyre (1983), Florence Nightingale (1985) and Charlie’s Angels: Fallen Angel” (1979) with Timothy Dalton
Fletch Talks: The Rocketeer (1991) with Timothy Dalton
Not Perfected Yet: Hot Fuzz (2007) with Timothy Dalton
Hamlette’s Soliloquy: Defiance (2008) and The Thomas Crown Affair (1999) with Daniel Craig and Pierce Brosnan
Phyllis Loves her Classic Movies: Another Time, Another Place (1958) with Sean Connery
Taking Up Room: The Love Punch (2013) with Pierce Brosnan
Angelman’s Place: Hot Fuzz (2007) with Timothy Dalton
Husky Galore: Remington Steele (1982-87), Steele Eligible S2 EP12 with Pierce Brosnan
The Stop Button: Hotel Splendide (2000) with Daniel Craig
Pfeiffer Films and Meg Movies: The Russia House (1990) and The Presidio (1988) both with Sean Connery
Let’s Go to the Movies: Daniel Craig filmography
The Craggus: The Man Who Haunted Himself (1970) with Roger Moore and The Hunt For Red October (1990) with Sean Connery
Dubsism: The Wild Geese (1978) with Roger Moore
Films from Beyond the Time Barrier: The Man Who Wouldn’t Die (1994) with Roger Moore
Diary of A Movie Maniac: Zardoz (1974) with Sean Connery and Flash Gordon (1980) with Timothy Dalton
The Very Special Blog: Remington Steele, “Dancer, Prancer, Donner and Steele,” Christmas episode with Pierce Brosnan
Multiplat Mike: Flash Gordon (1980) with Timothy Dalton
Booksteve’s Library:The Man from Hong Kong (1975) with George Lazenby
The Classic Movie Muse: Woman of Straw (1964) with Sean Connery
Whimsically Classic: Mrs Doubtfire (1993) with Pierce Brosnan
Caftan Woman: The Persuaders— “Greensleeves” with Roger Moore
Silver Screen Classics: The Hill (1960) with Sean Connery
Film Authority: The Naked Face (1984) with Roger Moore
Make Mine Film Noir: Road to Perdition (2002) with Daniel Craig
Critica Retro: Robin and Marian (1978) with Sean Connery
Journeys in Classic Film: Darby O’ Gill and the little people (1959) with Sean Connery
Outspoken and Freckled: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) with Sean Connery
Midnite Drive-In: Sextette (1978) with Timothy Dalton
The Oak Drive In: Who Saw Her Die? (1972) with George Lazenby
Classics and Craziness: Dragonheart (1996) with Sean Connery
Thoughts All Sorts: The Mother (2003) and Layer Cake (2004) with Daniel Craig
John Reiber: The Matador (2005) with Pierce Brosnan
18 Cinema Lane: Sherlock Holmes In New York (1976) with Roger Moore