I’m not actually sure when my love of disaster films formed and then fermented and here we are, with me cohosting a Blogathon about these films because I enjoy them so much.
I’ve pretty much seen every major disaster film released (at least in the English language) over the last forty-ish years, but I’m excited to read everyone’s thoughts about these films!
My partner in
cinema crime disaster is Dubsism, who, along with having the uncanny talent to find hidden sports analogies in any film, shares my love of this genre of film. And so unlike the type of film we are celebrating, let’s get straight to the point.
The rules (to avoid a Blogathon disaster)
1. There have been an absolute plethora of disaster films made, so we are allowing only two duplicates per participant, three entries per participant. Please only submit new work, as we won’t be accepting any posts written previously.
2. You can write about any disaster film or television series you like. Try to be creative and maybe write about one that not a lot of people have heard of or seen.
3. This blogathon is dedicated to disaster films and we want to celebrate them in all their schlocky glory, so let’s please keep things nice and not write anything derogatory or defamatory about these types of films.
4. The Blogathon is being held from the 10th to the 12th of June, 2022. Please submit your entries either before or by those dates. If you find that you need a little extension, please let either me or Dub know.
5. Please take the banner and put it somewhere on your site to promote the blogathon. We’d also very much appreciate it if you included the banner in your post for the blogathon.
6. You have to have your own blog in order to participate. We will not be accepting any guest posts.
7. And most importantly, please let us know what you would like to write about for the blogathon, by either commenting on this post, Dub’s post or leaving a reply on my contact page, or contacting me on twitter @noir_or_never or Dub @Dubsism. Please include the name of your blog and a link to it, as we don’t really want to act as amateur sleuths and hunt for you! Please tag me and Dub on twitter when you share your entry on there, so we can retweet it 🙂
List of Participants:
Dubsism: The Big Bus (1976)
Palewriter: A Night to Remember (1958) and Airport (1970)
Realweegiemidget Reviews: When Time Ran Out (1980)
Silver Screenings: Deluge (1933)
Films From Beyond: The Day the Earth Caught Fire (1961)
The Stop Button: The Last Days of Pompeii (1935)
The Midnite Drive-In: Damnation Alley (1977) and A Boy and His Dog (1976)
Cinematic Catharsis: Animals (1977)
Fletch Talks: Twister (1996)
An Aging Broad with a Scrapbook: Panic in Year Zero! (1962)
Whimsically Classic: On the Beach (1959)
Critica Retrô: Noah’s Ark (1928)
John V’s Eclectic Avenue: The Core (2003)
The Classic Movie Muse: Elephant Walk (1954)
Diary of a movie maniac: Juggernaut (1974)