When you talk about actors who had such enduring careers that they were able to transition from the studio ruled cinema of the 20th century to the varied fare of the 21st century, you would be utterly remiss to exclude the legendary Christopher Plummer.
He received worldwide fame for his role as the cantankerous Captain Von Trappe in the mega musical, The Sound of Music. But his output was incredibly versatile, from scheming studio bosses to Italian cardinals and murdered best selling authors. And he was fabulous in all of them.
He was the recipient of an Academy Award, BAFTA, Golden Globe and two Tony Awards, amongst other accolades, making him the only Canadian to receive the prestigious Triple Crown of Acting.
And so it is only fitting that my lovely often-times cohost Gill and I decided to dedicate a Blogathon to this icon of the screen and stage.
- Christopher Plummer had a very long and varied career and so his filmography and stage credits are solid, as are his TV credits. Because of this, we will be allowing only two duplicates per entry, and three posts per participant. Please only submit new work, as we won’t be accepting any posts written previously.
- You can write about anything you like pertaining to the Plummer’s film career, television appearances, and friendships and relationships with fellow film stars. As long as it’s about the man of the hour, it should be acceptable.
- This blogathon is dedicated to Plummer’s life and work and we want to celebrate him, so let’s please keep things nice and not write anything derogatory or defamatory about him.
- The Blogathon is being held from the 10th to the 12th of December, 2022. Please submit your entries either before or by those dates. If you find that you need a little extension, please let either me or Gill know.
- Please take one of the banners and put it somewhere on your site to promote the blogathon. We’d also very much appreciate it if you included one of the banners in your post for the blogathon.
- And most importantly, please let us know what you would like to write about for the blogathon, by either commenting on this post or Gill’s post,leaving a reply on my contact page, or contacting me on twitter @noir_or_never or Gill @realweegiemidge. Please include the name of your blog and a link to it, as we don’t really want to act as amateur sleuths and hunt for you! Please tag me and Gill on twitter when you share your entry on there, so we can retweet it.
Realweegiemidget Reviews: Knives Out (2019)
Palewriter: Murder by Decree (1979)
Kino Joan: Beginners (2010)
John Rieber: The Silent Partner (1978)
Film Authority: The Royal Hunt of the Sun (1969)
Silver Screenings: International Velvet (1978)
Dan Jacob: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)
Films From Beyond the Time Barrier: Prototype (1983)
Pfeiffer Pfilms: Wolf (1994)
Angelman’s Place: Inside Daisy Clover (1965)
A Shroud of Thoughts: Aces High (1976)
The Stop Button: Stage Struck (1958)
Silver Screen Suppers: International Velvet (1978)
The Critica Retrô: Oedipus the King (1968)
Dubsism: The Battle of Britain (1969)
Hamlette’s Soliloquy: Hamlet at Elsinore (1964)
Motion Picture Gems: The Man in the Chair (2007)
18 Cinema Lane: When the Circus Came to Town (1981)
Classic film and tv corner: Three favourite Christopher Plummer performances