Whilst every element of Bond films, from the Bond actor to the cars, gadgets and locations are stuff of pop culture legend; one of the most iconic, and often derided elements, is that of the Bond “girl”.
She is not only the part of the Bond films that humanises Bond himself, but also a critical element in terms of plot and world building. From Tatiana Romanova, who is part of a dangerous cat and mouse game between the West and East, to Vesper Lynd, a mysterious, but compelling character; the Bond films would not be the same without the presence of the Bond girl/s.
Therefore, the wonderful Gill of Realweegiemidget Reviews and I, have decided to host a Blogathon entirely dedicated to Bond girls. But, with a twist. This Blogathon will be dedicated to the non-Bond films of some of these lovely actresses.
- The Bond girls who we are accepting posts on are as follows: Honor Blackman, Luciana Paluzzi, Diana Rigg, Joanna Lumley, Caroline Munro, Barbara Bach, Maryam D’Abo, Carey Lowell, Sophie Marceau, Terry Hatcher, Eva Green and Monica Balluci.
- These actresses each have had quite long careers and so their filmographies are solid, as are their TV performances. Because of this, we will be allowing only two duplicates per entry, and three posts per participant. Please only submit new work, as we won’t be accepting any posts written previously.
- You can write about anything you like pertaining to the Bond actresses’ film careers, television appearances they’ve made, and their friendships and relationships with fellow film stars. But you cannot write about any of the Bond films. This is a blogathon about the Bond girls’ non Bond work. We are only accepting posts on the Bond actresses listed above.
- This blogathon is dedicated to the Bond girls’ lives and works and we want to celebrate them, so let’s please keep things nice and not write anything derogatory or defamatory about them.
- The Blogathon is being held from the 1st to the 3rd of July, 2022. Please submit your entries either before or by those dates. If you find that you need a little extension, please let either me or Gil know.
- Please take one of the banners and put it somewhere on your site to promote the blogathon. We’d also very much appreciate it if you included one of the banners in your post for the blogathon.
- And most importantly, please let us know what you would like to write about for the blogathon, by either commenting on this post or Gill’s post, leaving a reply on my contact page, or contacting me on twitter @noir_or_never or Gill @realweegiemidge. Please include the name of your blog and a link to it, as we don’t really want to act as amateur sleuths and hunt for you! Please tag me and Gill on twitter when you share your entry on there, so we can retweet it 🙂
Realweegiemidget Reviews: The Six Million Dollar Man: The Solid Gold Kidnapping (1973)
Palewriter: Evil Under the Sun (1982)
Dubsism: All Creatures Great and Small (2020)
What’s That Mark’s Reading!? The Last Horror Film (1982)
Phylllis Loves Classic Movies: The Cat and the Canary (1978).
A Shroud of Thoughts: The Assassination Bureau (1969)
Moon In Gemini: Game of Thrones
Whimsically Classic: The Great Muppet Caper (1981)
The Stop Button: The Private Lives of Pippa Lee (2009)
Criticia Retro: The Abominable Dr Phibes (1972)
18 Cinema Lane: Witness for the Prosecution (1982)
Taking Up Room: MacGyver
Vinnieh: The Guardian (1990)
Click HERE for the The Banners.